What to Expect with Your New Hardwood Floor.
ARE YOU EASY GOING?
If the answer is no, maybe hardwood floors is not the right choice for you.
Pre Installation & expectations
- Flooring is construction, your house will shake as floors are removed and installed. We are not responsible for wall decor, loose closet brackets etc. that may dismantle during the installation process. This also applies to drywall in the ceilings below the installation- it may come loose if the drywall was not properly installed.
- Customers are responsible for moving all small items, breakables, antiques, valuables, etc. prior to the installers arrival. All electronics need to be unplugged prior to the start of installation.
- We are not responsible for asbestos removal. If you have any concerns, please mention it to your sales rep.
- No subfloor is completely even. For products which are installed directly on top of the subfloor, expect the floor to mimic the levelness of the existing subfloor. If you have significant concerns regarding your subfloor, please let your sales rep know and they can arrange to remove your existing flooring before the installation day so you may thoroughly inspect the subfloor and arrange for repair as needed (additional trip charge will apply).
- Sample boards serve as examples, but do not provide a complete overview of the markings, shades and colors present in a grade and species of material. Carpet is dye lot sensitive, so different dye lots will vary slightly in color. Each board of flooring is unique and variations may exist between the sample boards and your installed flooring. Rustic / hand scraped (Armstrong American Scrape Collection) hardwood is expected to have knots, rough boards and holes and is not a defect of the wood, rather expected characteristics.
- Customers are solely responsible for the product and color selection and for verifying that the product and color on their contract is what they actually want.
- Doing paint touch ups after the flooring job is complete is normal and expected due to the nature of the flooring project. PriceCo Floors does not do any type of painting.
- Our installers will not be able to wear shoe coverings/take off their shoes during the installation process. Flooring is construction and shoe coverings are slippery/ the traction of their shoes is necessary when carrying heavy materials, going up and down stairs, installing carpet etc. Reach out to your sales rep prior to signing a contract if this is a concern.
- PriceCo Floors does not level subfloors
- Shoe molding is only installed where there is baseboard. It is never installed on framing.
- If there is a problem or questions during your installation please mention it to the installers or call your sales representative. If we don’t know, we can’t fix it. Similarly, if there is a specific part of your subfloor that needs extra attention, please mention it to the installers upon their arrival
- Your flooring project is a construction project and will create dust. PriceCo Floors will make every effort to clean as much of the dust as possible, however it is expected that some dust will settle after we have left.
- PriceCo Floors is not responsible for any plumbing, gas or electrical problems that arise during installation. We do not disconnect or connect any appliances with gas or water hook ups.
- Covering nail holes and gaps with putty is the industry standard for installation.
- Installation does not work within the standard 9-5 business hours. In some instances, we may work later than normal business in order to complete a flooring job. If this is something that you are concerned about, please mention it to your sales representative prior to your installation date.
- Scratching and squeaking in floors are normal characteristic of flooring. Please expect this as it is not covered under any warranty.
- Wood is a natural product and it is expected for there to be minimal gaps between the planks and seems post-installation
- Hardwood floors are a natural product and react to the environment they are in. It is the responsibility of the customer to follow all guidelines set forth by the National Wood Flooring Association to properly maintain hardwood flooring. Customer is responsible for maintaining relative humidity within NWFA standards.
- Prevention of cupping, cracking, bowing, gaping, expansion and contraction of the wood falls solely under the responsibility of the customer. Proper wood maintenance/moisture and humidity control is essential in avoiding these issues. None of these are covered under any installation or manufacture warranty. Please see the NWFA guidelines for further information.
- Customer is responsible for subfloor being up to code prior to the installation date and accepts all responsibility for subfloor condition prior to installation.
- Scratching and squeaking in floors are normal characteristic of hardwood. Please expect this as it is not covered under any warranty.
- Keep your humidity level 30%-50% year round to avoid major gaps. In this area we experience cold, dry winters and hot, humid summers. If you see gaps don’t worry, it will come back together. Wood is a live product that absorbs humidity and reacts to season just like your house. In the winter months use a humidifier to maintain this level and prevent cracking and gaping of hardwood. In the summer months keep your humidity levels within the recommended range.
- The industry standard for hardwood floor allows a manufacturer 5% imperfections, which could include not having a square edge, small gaps, cracks etc. This standard also applies to labor- 5% of error with labor is expected. Natural hardwood floor should not be expected to be 100% perfect.
- If you are worried about wood variation and/or lack of variation in certain areas, you should probably not purchase hardwood floors. Imperfections in the wood are part of the beauty of the wood. We will not just replace certain boards because you don’t like them (regardless of denting, hand scraped, variation, etc.)
- In the event a third party inspector is needed to visit the jobsite, the property owner will allow access for inspection.
- Bevels between planks in the wood should not be mistaken for gaps.
- Floating floors have give and may bounce as you walk on them, this is an expected outcome of this type of floor and should be considered prior to purchase. LVT (luxury vinyl tiles/planks) are a floating floor.
- Bevels between planks in the LVT should not be mistaken for gaps.
- When carpet is being installed, it must be kicked into and tucked underneath the baseboard. This will potentially scratch your baseboard and the customer is responsible for doing paint touch-ups after installation.
- The heat from steam cleaning carpet can cause the carpet to wrinkle. Wrinkling over time is normal expectation of carpet, especially if you are steam cleaning or dragging furniture/heavier items across the carpet.
- Do not wet-mop a wood floor. Standing water can dull the finish, damage the wood and leave a discoloring residue. Wipe up any spills immediately. We do not recommend the use of any wood floor cleaners, which can dull the finish and leave a residue on the floor.
- Put stick-on felt protectors under the legs of furniture to prevent scuffing and scratching. When moving large furniture do not slide across wood, vinyl or laminate flooring
- The eye-sight test (problems visible from a standing position) is what flooring professional use to evaluate problems with flooring and/or installation. This means that problems with material that you need to crouch down to see are, generally, expected outcomes of a natural product.
- PriceCo Floors offers a one year installation warranty from the time the floors are installed. Any repairs/stretches or site visit outside of the one year installation warranty will result in a charge that is the responsibility of the home owner. Please refer to your products manufacturer for a more detailed product warranty.
PriceCo Floors Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: PRICECO FLOORS reserves the right to make any equitable adjustments necessary in the event of salesman’s error (B) Labor does not include cutting off any doors that do not clear the carpet, does not include painting/touch ups(C) We are not responsible for breakage in removal and replacing of shoe molding (D) We are not responsible for breakage, furnishings, furniture, etc. (E) Seller is not responsible for variations in color between sample and original flooring or between original flooring and replacement furnished by seller in the event replacement is required. (F) Title to merchandise shall remain with the seller until all payments are made in full and merchandise must not be removed from original delivery location without seller’s permission (G) In the event this contract is placed with an attorney for collection, buyer agrees to pay all attorney’s fees plus court costs (H) Any balance due must be paid at the time of installation (I) We do not guarantee time of installation (J) Pile, crushing, shading and shedding are not carpet defects. (K) This order is not subject to cancellation (L) PriceCo is not responsible for any plumbing, gas or electric lines (M) 30 % restocking fee on all returns and no returns on special order items. The limit of liability for any and all claims, loses, costs, expenses or damages of any nature whatsoever, shall not exceed 10% of the total contract price. (N) Opened material cannot be returned. (O) Signature on this contract ensures buyer received and read PriceCo Floors “What to Expect” form. (P) Customer accepts responsibility of hardwood floors upon delivery. (Q) By signing this contract, customer authorizes PriceCo Floors to run credit card/financing account or other terms of payment.